I don’t know about you, but I am so happy to be getting back into the swing of things this fall. But even more so, I am thrilled to be getting back to what matters most: helping kids discover the joy of a friendship with Jesus.
Our Xtreme kids Sunday school is offered to all families with children grades 3K – 5th Grade and our curriculum this year is entitled “Simply Loved.” The Bible lessons will directly engage kids with God’s Word in fun and unforgettable ways. Not only will they hear a Bible story, they’ll experience it through music, Scripture reading, Bible Memory Buddy videos, and open-ended discussion questions that will help your kids build relationships with Jesus. All ages follow the same Bible story, Bible Memory Verse, and Bible Memory Buddy, so siblings learn and share together!
Beginning September 20, you can expect a fun online video program available to you each week right here at trinityextremekids.org.
Then, on the first Sunday of each month, in addition to the online program, we will also provide optional IN-PERSON Xtreme Kids at our 9:00am services at both East Campus and West Campus.
Here is what you need to know:
SIMPLY LOVED - ONLINE
- Begins Sunday, September 20
- Weekly, printable parent resources provide intentional, practical, and easy ways for kids and the rest of the family to discuss that week’s Bible Point and apply it to their lives.
SIMPLY LOVED - IN PERSON
- Meets in person the first Sunday of each month, beginning Sunday, October 4
- Ages PreK-5th Grade (PreK students must be bathroom independent)
- 9:00am services at both East Campus and West Campus
- Parents will “check-in” their students at the Welcome Desk prior to the beginning of the 9:00am service. Check-in will consist of recording your child’s name, age/grade, and a verbal response to two short health screening questions. This process ensures that our facilities can continue to operate as an early childhood center & school for the remainder of the week after Sunday worship.
- Students will be provided clean, individual supplies when needed.
- Students will be appropriately distanced.
- All high-touch surfaces will be sanitized both before & after class.
Lastly, I would like to encourage you that having limited Xtreme Kids is OK. At Trinity, we believe that you are #1 in leading your children in a strong relationship with Christ. Worshiping together as a family, with children being modeled to by their parents & adult caregivers, is so much more effective than any kids programing we can create. Of course, we want to provide an opportunity for our children to fellowship and worship with other students of their age. However, this is secondary. We do not expect you to have all the answers - simply walk alongside your children and grow in your faith together.
Blessings to all of you. Know you are prayed for and supported by our team, and you are simply loved by God.
Children’s Ministry Director
Trinity Lutheran Church