JOB TITLE: Accounting Associate DATE POSTED: December 1, 2019
REPORTS TO: Business Administrator STATUS: Part-time
The Accounting Associate serves the church by assisting with entering appropriate and accurate data into the accounting and business records of the Academy and maintaining systems for information retrieval of these records.
- Process accurate billing transactions for Academy Tuition and School-Age Care fees.
- Process cash receipts for Academy, post related General Journal entries.
- Coordinate with Academy Administrative staff regarding Tuition and Childcare records and transactions.
- Maintain quality working relationships with Academy families and staff.
- Assist Academy families with electronic payment methods.
- Track Academy family account balances and assist in the collection process.
- Provide directors and volunteer leaders with Tuition and Childcare reports as needed.
- Participate in opportunities for professional and spiritual growth.
- Attend regular staff meetings and retreats.
- Complete other duties related to the position description as assigned.
SELECTION CRITERIA (Minimum Education/Experience)
Associate’s degree or higher in Accounting.
Previous work experience in administration and/or accounting.
Experience in a nonprofit organization preferred.
Proficient in use and development of spreadsheets.
Microsoft Office suite proficiency.
Ability to learn additional accounting/database management systems.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Subscribes to the vision and mission of the congregation and is willing to work toward its accomplishment
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work in a team environment
Professional presence and attitude
Excellent attention to detail
Good organization skills
Ability to multi-task
Strong “hands-on” skills to ensure tasks are always completed
Ability to work with volunteers
ADDITIONAL SELECTION FACTORS
Office equipment demands –PC, fax, copier, telephone
Physical demands—Ability of lift and transport up to 50 lbs, sit at computer for long periods of time
Environmental demands--Office work environment, be able to move throughout the building,
Mental/Motor demands—Oral Communication skills, written communication skills