JOB TITLE: Accounting/Human Resources Associate DATE: February 2020
REPORTS TO: Business Administrator STATUS: Full Time
Accounting/Human Resource Associate Job Purpose: Support accounting and human resource processes by maintaining accurate General Ledger, Bank and contribution transactions and balances; Maintaining employee records and information, process payroll and oversee benefits transactions. Process all accounting transactions for PreK-8 Academy.
- Process accurate billing transactions for Academy Tuition and School-Age Care fees.
- Process cash receipts for Academy, post related General Journal entries.
- Coordinate with Academy Administrative staff regarding Tuition and Childcare records and transactions.
- Assist Academy families with electronic payment methods.
- Track Academy family account balances and assist in the collection process.
- Assist Trinity Early Childhood Academy with accounting function as needed.
- Maintain quality working relationships with Academy families and staff.
- Provide directors and volunteer leaders with Tuition and Childcare reports as needed.
- Process Accounts Payable invoices and payments.
- Enter accurate General Journal entries for cash receipts, donations, billing information from ancillary programs, month end adjusting entries.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Reconcile General Ledger account balances.
- Produce monthly financial statements and distribute to appropriate management teams.
- Oversee volunteers to maintain accurate contribution tracking and reporting.
- Assist members with electronic giving process.
- Assist with the development, preparation and monitoring of the church budget.
- Assist new hires with employment paperwork; complete background checks
- Maintain employee information by entering and updating personal and employment status-change data.
- Be responsible for all aspects of payroll function including accumulating time and attendance records, creation of semi-monthly payroll, processing payroll liabilities.
- Produce and distribute quarterly and annual payroll reports/forms. (941, W-2, 1099, etc.)
- Maintain knowledge of benefit package and related legislation.
- Coordinate benefits package including enrollment, confirmation of payroll deductions, billing audit, maintenance of PTO records.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Participate in opportunities for professional and spiritual growth
- Attend regular staff meetings and retreats
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing requested results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting.
- Experience with nonprofit accounting preferred.
- Experience with and understanding of accrual accounting.
- Proficient in development and use of spreadsheets.
- Experience with moderate to high-end accounting software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Subscribe to the vision and mission of the congregation and is willing to work toward its accomplishment.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and processes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Professional presence and attitude.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Creative problem solving abilities.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION FACTORS
- Office equipment demands –PC, fax, copier, telephone
- Physical demands—Ability of lift and transport up to 50 lbs, sit at computer for long periods of time
- Environmental demands--Office work environment
- Mental/Motor demands—Oral Communication skills, written communication skills
- Supervision responsibilities—none