Frequently Asked Questions:
What happens to the rest of the committee’s and boards that may exist in the church?
- The other teams stay in place, making decisions for their ministry within the context of our mission and vision-culture. The biggest change in the other leadership groups is that there is an emphasis on active service rather than meeting regarding ideas. This will give freedom for individual ministries to execute more effectively, under the direction of the Pastors and staff.
Will we rename the existing committees and boards?
- Yes. The words “Ministry Action Team” or a subset of those words would be used.
What is the benefit of changing the names of the existing committees and boards? Even with a name change, are they still the same committee or board?
- The goal of this model is to change the mindset of our church culture that highlights meetings over hands on. Many in our church want to participate in active ministry and not simply a think-tank. The change in names help reinforce that while some meetings are necessary, the focus is on active and multiplying ministry.
How does this model keep the Sr. Pastor or any other leader from going “rogue?”
The four main ideas that stem this potential problem are:
- The spiritual make-up of the team members a sensitivity toward how God is leading and not on personal agenda’s.
- There is no voting. Decisions are made by the consensus of the Spiritual Leadership Team.
- The Spiritual Leadership Team operates under the “low control — high accountability” mindset. Practically speaking, the Pastors and staff are held accountable for outcomes and effectiveness. Ultimately, this “high accountability” falls squarely on the Sr. Pastor.
- The men on the Spiritual Leadership Team, Discipleship Team, and Management Team act as an Elder Team when needed.
If we decide to operate with this model past the 12 month trial period, who makes this decision and when would it be implemented?
- As of now, the transition decision falls to the Board of Directors who are part of the new model. If we decide to make the change, it would be following a 6,12, or 18 month trial period.
If you have other questions, please send an email here.